25 May 2008

Okonomiyaki

I made okonomiyaki for the first time today. It actually turned out rather well, but not perfect. I found the sauce for it in an Asian market here in town, and some Korean Ottogi mix. Ottogi is evidently very close to okonomi so it works. I just didn't use enough mix AND I used Napa cabbage (doesn't work so well) and used shredded zucchini (which really doesn't work as it is too wet). I will continue to put minced ginger and minced garlic in it, though. I thinly slice some eye of round for meat. And put cheese on it. It was good.

I also made Annin Dofu yesterday. It is as easy as making Jello. Much yummier and less sugar. Hero hubby sussed out some Roasted Coconut Juice at the Asian Market, and that goes well with the Annin Dofu. MMMMM good.

And all the comforts of HOME. Doesn't get much better than that, my friends.

No comments: