09 May 2009

Mother's Day


My son ordered tulips for me for Mother's Day. They were not a surprise. He told me he ordered them 2 weeks ago. He always does that! If he had kept his mouth shut, I would have had a surprise for once in my life. Alas. The card says: "My son went to Holland and all I got were these crappy flowers."
He has never been to Holland. It's a joke. And the flowers are NOT crappy. Red tulips make me want to puke, because of a previous experience in, oh, 1975, with tulips and Valentine's Day and idontwantogointoit, but these are just beautiful and sweet and I love them!


We try to have fresh flowers pretty much all the time.
They're reasonable to purchase at Sam's Club and keep
fresh for about 3 weeks. Unfortunately, I no longer have a cut flower garden, so I have to purchase them. This is our current bouquet. I just kind of loosely arrange them. Nothing drastic. I like them to look a little jumbled.

No comments: