07 June 2008

Quilt

This is one of two quilt pieces that I made from some fabric my daughter bought at a flea market in Shimonoseki. The purple is the Japanese fabric, the creams are from my stash, and the gold I purchased to go with the gold in the purple. That was the only color I could find to match a color in the purple. The pattern is from American Patchwork & Quilting Oct. 2005. It's called "Pierre". It's supposed to be monotone, but I only had a "skinny quarter" of the Japanese fabric, so I had to fill in with the creams. So, there it is.
I sincerely could not even imagine doing a bed sized quilt with that ice cream cone border. This came out to be about 30" square, and it took me a month to handstitch the binding.

I have some issues with my design of it. I kind of wish I had done the purple in the 4 bear claw corners, with gold sashing and purple blocks on the outside edge, but I have not been one to do much design contemplation. The frenzy just kind of takes me along. I am starting to be a little more conscious of the design elements now, though. :-)

No comments: